Join Bigfork in celebrating our nations independence every July Fourth at 12:00 noon in downtown Bigfork. This parade, year after year is proclaimed the best parade in the Flathead Valley. Horses, clowns, fire trucks and floats of all designs stream down Grand and Electric Avenues cheered on by huge crowds of spectators all along the way.
There is NO PARKING in downtown Bigfork after 8am and the roads into town will be CLOSED AT 8AM.
Here are a few key points for parade participants:
Parade lineup starts at 9am and closes at 11am. No advance registration is needed. Your entry will be numbered at the parade line up.
NEW THIS YEAR: DUE TO CONSTRUCTION AT THE HIGH SCHOOL, THERE WILL BE NO PARKING AVAILABLE AT THE HIGH SCHOOL. PARADE LINEUP AFTER 9AM ENTRY IS FROM THE BACK ENTRANCE ON BIGFORK STAGE ROAD OFF OF HIGHWAY 83.
HWY 35 south to HWY 83 south.
Right on Bigfork Stage Road (about 3 miles with a sharp right turn at the end)
There will also be public parking and free shuttle busses available at Crossroads Christian Fellowship and Saint John Paul II Catholic Church and THE MONTANA ATHLETIC CLUB.
You may also park in the Bethany Lutheran Church on the south end of Bigfork and walk into downtown.
Bigfork 4th of July Parade RULES
- Parade entries are encouraged to be USA PATRIOTIC in design and color scheme.
- No advance registration is needed; just line up from 9am-11am and each entry will register at the parade line. Staff will direct you upon your arrival.
- Your entry will be numbered at the parade line up.
- ONLY ONE ENTRY PER BUSINESS/ORGANIZATION PLEASE
- There will be NO saving of spots in the line-up. Arrive and line-up behind the preceding entry.
- Young children on foot may join the parade line-up AFTER the military. Please meet in front of the Bigfork Medical Clinic (Jenko/Dakote) then join the parade at an appropriate time.
- There will be NO throwing of ANYTHING at ANY TIME during the parade. SERIOUS injury has resulted in past years from people being hit in the head, eye etc. from candy, and/or frozen items etc. If you or your group would like to PASS out treats during the parade - you must have WALKERS along side your entry that PASS out into HANDS or gently tossed at the FEET of bystanders. There must be NO throwing of anything at anytime including UP into balconies, porches etc. Any violation will result in disqualification from judging and exclusion from future parades.
- There will be NO mini flags tossed to the crowd. As nice as they are, they are a VERY difficult to clean up.
- Please only ONE commercial vehicle per business. Please be creative and PATRIOTIC.
- Keep ONE car length between your entry and the entry in front of you at all times.
- All entries MUST be in line by 11am.
- Judging will be done during the parade. You may pause briefly in front of the judges who will be stationed across from the bay at The UPS Store.
- Awards will be presented at Chamber Sundowner on Thursday July 13th, 5pm at THE NEW VFW LOCATION (across from Harvest Foods)